Friday, November 27, 2009

My computer shows that it is running IE 5.1 and 6.0?

In one place it shows 5.1 and in the other it shows 6.0. I'm trying to upgrade to IE 7 but when I do it keeps telling me that my computer wont support it. I've checked and I have all the necessary space etc. My computer is only 2 years old and is running on XP.



When you go to start-run-and type winver - it says I'm on 5.1. When you go to help-about IE explorer-it says 6.0??



I'd really like to upgrade my system - I need to for work asap.



Thanks for your help!



My computer shows that it is running IE 5.1 and 6.0?microsoft live





Oh, for gosh sakes, don't update to IE7 with that machine. it would stink.



Visit http://www.microsoft.com and go to the Download section. Then pick the Internet section and get IE6 with SP1. This will work the best.



If you use the Windows Update feature, uncheck the box for IE7, otherwise, you will be uninstalling it again.



Good luck and Happy Computing!



My computer shows that it is running IE 5.1 and 6.0?microsoft internet explorer internet explorer



Install security pack2 then install IE7.
uninstall your current version and install the knew 1
Do windows update to make sure you have everything up to date. Make sure your install file is for XP(sp2). Restart your computer and install.



5.1 is the developer name for windows XP (Windows NT 5.1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan