Friday, November 27, 2009

Add-ons permanently switched off on Windows IE?

Somehow the add ons have become permanently switched off on IE. How do I switch them back on? I have tried shutting down and opening again but this does not help, nor does going into 'Tools' as the 'manage add ons' in the drop down menu is not in bold and cannot be accessed. Is the best thing to do is to uninstall IE %26amp; download it again from Microsoft. I do have firefox as an alternative.



Thanks for your help



Add-ons permanently switched off on Windows IE?windows explorer





just make firefox default. ie is cr#p %26amp; full of holes anyway



Add-ons permanently switched off on Windows IE?microsoft zune internet explorer



Okay



Can you ensure that you are using the correct version / shortcut to use Internet Explorer 7 / 6 ?



If you go to:



鈫?Start menu



鈫?Accessories



鈫?System tools



鈫?You should notice an icon saying Internet Browser (No Add on)



鈫?You want to avoid using this version of the browser



鈫?If you copied a shortcut from that application that could be the cause of the problem.



Next go to:



鈫?Internet Properties



鈫?Click the programmes tab at the top



鈫?Click managed add ons



鈫?Highlight them and ensure that they are active/enabled



I really hope this helps but it is very hard to explain in text...



Please feel free to email me for more information
I had that same problem before. I found out when I set up the IE as the default browser than it would work again and when I wanted to use firefox I had to make it the default browser. I had to do that back and forth for either browser to work. Finlay installed a newer version of firefox and everything was working fine with both browsers. Try to download the latest version of firefox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan