Friday, November 27, 2009

I can't install IE 7. I get a different message than most.?

I can't install IE 7. I get a different message than most, I think. Before it says: Internet Explorer 7 could not be installed. You must restart your system to confirm that any changes to your system are undone. After you restart, follow the "Internet Explorer Troubleshooting" shortcut on your desktop to get more information.



It says it could not find iertutil.dll and gave me a false promise that it might be fixed if I restarted the machine and reinstalled. It hasn't.



I went http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917925/e... disabled the antivirus ect but it still doesn't work. I did not however try the four other alternate mehtods that Microsoft suggests in fear that those fixes do not apply to me and will mess something up.



What do I do now?



I can't install IE 7. I get a different message than most.?microsoft access





IE 7 is still in its beta stages. The testing has not yet had good UID results. Also most webpages do not support IE 7. So dont download or use it as of now



Also IE 7 does not offer any exciting new features worth using it for. Its just the same as IE 6 with just very few new but BORING and useless features.



Microsoft, very predictable ;) very true



I can't install IE 7. I get a different message than most.?windows mobile 6 internet explorer



Goto this site



"http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/10...



I think this is what you are looking for.
Go to Google and search for "iertutil.dill" and download it free then try IE 7 again and follow instructions carefully. It has more security than IE 6 and is now offered in updates, as far as I know it out of Beta now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan