Friday, November 27, 2009

Having problems with unexpected keyboard shortcuts in IE 6.Cant figure out how to turn them off.?

I am having trouble with keyboard shortcuts of some sort. Every time I am typing email, messages, anything in a IE 6, I have this problem. The issue is that when I type, I might get 3-4 keystrokes before something happens like a drop down menu will open, the start menu will come up, and my typing is interrupted until I do something about the open window/box. It is annoying because I cant type anything without it happening at least once,



I have noticed that it happens more often after I pause for a few seconds. Does anyone recognize this behavior, or know where the setting for this feature are located? I feel like I have searched every part of the IE options/settings menus and I have not found anything that might change this problem. Can someone help?



Having problems with unexpected keyboard shortcuts in IE 6.Cant figure out how to turn them off.?windows xp sp2





You are probably hitting the ctrl or alt keys as you type. Most shortcuts are associated with one of those keys. Usually you must hit one of those keys and another lettered key at the same time. I do that accidentally once in a while.



Having problems with unexpected keyboard shortcuts in IE 6.Cant figure out how to turn them off.?microsoft sql server internet explorer



I have the same problem at times, and it turned out that I was hitting the Windows and Alt keys instead of the shift key.



The Windows key (with the wavy Windows logo) gives you access to a number of shortcuts, Win-D and Win-M minimizes all windows, Win-L locks the computer (in XP Pro), and of course, the Win key itself brings up the start menu. I also found myself hitting the context menu key, located under the right shift, which brings up a drop down menu for wherever the cursor is at.



This may be your problem, and if it is, all I can suggest is slowing down just a bit and being careful with your bottom-row characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan