Saturday, April 24, 2010

Why do I have to use IE?

I am using Firefox as my default browser. For some bizarre reason, Yahoo opens links in IE. I don't want to use IE, like, *ever.* How do I change the default browser for YM?



Why do I have to use IE?microsoft excel





You don't have to use I.E. if you don't want to. It does come with Windows, but you can choose your browser. The best way to stop Internet Explorer is to disable it by clicking on STart, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and when the list loads, on the left, click on Add./Remove Windows Components. When that list loads, find Internet Explorer and remove the checkmark by it. Close the control panel and restart the computer so the change will be reflected in the settings and I.E. will bother you no more. If you ever want it back, just reverse the steps above.



Why do I have to use IE?microsoft updates internet explorer



You don't have to use Internet Explorer...



Go into your Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs tab and then set whatever as your default browser.
at start up there is a place that says open this program with



set it to Firefox

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan