Saturday, April 24, 2010

Does the M&IE credit apply to Fed Ex drivers with DOT hour limits?

I was told that I am able to claim the general $52 a day meal credit on form 2106 because we have DOT hours of operation limits. I do not keep receipts for meal expenses but they are quite a bit considering I am on the route for 11-12 hours a day or more. I don't want to get audited because I have no proof but my delivery truck is DOT regulated and I have proof of hours on road. Is there a better and easier way of claiming this M%26amp;IE credit?



Does the M%26amp;IE credit apply to Fed Ex drivers with DOT hour limits?windows messenger





If you are doing local delivery or short-haul out and back trips you are not able to deduct any meal costs. You are only able to deduct meals if you are traveling away from home overnight or long enough to require a period of rest or sleep due to the time involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan