Saturday, April 24, 2010

Timed Out/Server Unavalible on Firefox & IE, Thunderbird won't work with one ISP but will w

OK, here's a fun one.



About 1 week ago, my dial-up connection slowed to a crawl. I was using FF 1.5, on a local ISP with a web accelerator add-on. I dug around the forums for ideas, and saw a new version of FF, and installed it.



After i installed FF 2.0, I could not load ANYTHING, got "timed out" and "server not found" messages.



TB 1.5 will not send nor receive e-mail.



I tried IE, same thing a happened, time out, server not found.



Called ISP, they said maybe FF 2.0 and they're connection or web accel program "don't get along" so i went back to ff 1.5 and removed my web accelerator program completely.



Now, with ff 1.5 it is still VERY SLOW, and TB will STILL not receive email when i dial in with my ISP.



Here's the F-ed up part.



I tried a DIFFERENT ISP dial up, and it works GREAT! decent load time, send and receive e-mails and it NEVER times out or can't find the server. I was on line for HOURS, and NEVER had a problem.



what is going on???? I've had my ISP for 5 years with no problems, then suddenly "poof" this happens.



my ISP says they're "stumped" and i was hoping to get some idea for here, because I've talked to 4 different people at my ISP and NOTHING we've Tried works. Cleared the cache %26amp; and cookies and sock. Totally uninstalled and reinstalled IE and FF, and TB.



NAV, Spybot %26amp; Ad-Aware come up clean, both on standard load, and safe mode.



WIN2K, fully updated.



No "screwy" software, widgets, file sharing etc.



No on line gaming.



No firewall, hardware or software.



HELP ME!



Timed Out/Server Unavalible on Firefox %26amp; IE, Thunderbird won't work with one ISP but will work with another.microsoft.com





i am sure problem is some of FF 2.0 file will steel remain in registry so you don`t surf website properly, there are no problem in IE or any web browser, so firt take your back up, and properly format C drive(where your operating system is installed), and install again your OS, or use some registry cleaner - your problem is solve

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan