Saturday, April 24, 2010

How do you stop IE from saving your searches?

I have IE 6 on my Windows XP computer. Everytime I search for something on Yahoo, it saves the search, so that if I search for the same thing again, it automatically begins to fill in whatever I am trying to type. If I just click on the search bar, the whole list of anything I have ever searched for pops up. Is there any way to clear this list once and a while so it doesn't build up? I've tried to figure it out for the past 2 hours! First one to help me clear this stupid list gets 10 Points!



How do you stop IE from saving your searches?microsoft templates





under Tools/Internet Options/Content..........click on AutoComplete.



To clear entries, select 'Clear Forms'. To keep it from doing it in the future, un-check the 'Forms' box near the top.



How do you stop IE from saving your searches?windows firewall internet explorer



It's an option you choose when you first use your computer or when windows is freshly installed. The first time you use a search bar it will ask you if you want it to remember your searches.
One way to get rid of that history is to go to Internet Options (in IE 6 or 7) and delete the history (you will see a " Browsing History" section). Then go to "Settings" and type a zero (0) in days to keep history. That will help control the history stored by the browser.
In yahoo, click the pencil icon, then click Clear Search History..To clear the search history in your address bar, do exactly what agreesoftware, said..good luck..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan