Saturday, April 24, 2010

How do I get IE to work now that I installed Firefox?

It seems that Firefox prevents IE from opening, and I tried messing with the options, but still no luck. Any suggestions?



How do I get IE to work now that I installed Firefox?windows updates





Get and IE tab extention for firefox. It allows you to switch between the two by simply clicking a button on the right hand corner of your browser. It is safe and very helpful!



https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/



How do I get IE to work now that I installed Firefox?replacement windows internet explorer



i use both of em, just IE for something else



and firefox for everything else



just open it and click no for the set default browser
are you trying to make ie default again??? if so, go to tools, then programs and put a check in the box, that should work
Firefox does nothing to prevent IE from working. (That's more the the kind of thing Microsoft has a reputation for doing, and certainly has done in the past!)



In fact, I often run both of them simultanenously for different web sites, and there's no problem.



What happens when you try to run IE? Which version of IE is it that you have?
it is something else, firefox does not interfere with IE, if you accidently made Firefix your default and would rather have IR, go to tools, internet options, programs, and reset web settings, it make IE the default browser again
I use both in my machine. You may want to check the default browser settings.
I assume you're using Windows. If so, click your Start button. Click "Set Program Access and Defaults." Click the down arrows on the "Custom" row. Under "web browser" make sure there's a check mark in "Enable Access to this Program" next to Internet Explorer.



For the record, Internet Explorer has a lot of security vulnerabilities and I don't recommend using it unless you absolutely have to.



(In fact, I recommend not using Microsoft for the same reason unless you do a lot of gaming, don't have enough techy friends who can help you run Linux, or don't have enough money to buy a MAC.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan