Saturday, April 24, 2010

I need some advice about accessing IE only web pages on a MAC...?

I have a Macbook, which I find preferable to my old PC in every regard but one: several of the websites I have to use for work are IE 6.0 or higher only. IE for Mac only goes to 5.2 (that I can find), Mozilla does not work for many of the sites either. I know that I can install parallels and windows, but would prefer not to, as that seems a large investment to enter three additional websites. Does anyone know of any program or method that can help?



I need some advice about accessing IE only web pages on a MAC...?windows media player





There's really no simple solution. I've also run into sites that simply won't load properly without IE.



You might try setting up a Virtual Machine. VirtualBox is a pretty good one, and I believe it should also run on a Mac. You could install WinXP on it, and it has the option to have an expandable virtual hard disk, so it would take up much less memory then running a parallel OS.



I need some advice about accessing IE only web pages on a MAC...?windows live messenger internet explorer



Mac usually comes with Safari and I find it more compatible browsing for mac. Try with that, and if it still doesn't work, try download Firefox at http://en.www.mozilla.com/en/firefox/



I hope it works. Good luck!
Try SeaMonkey or Opera. You can get them from www.versiontracker.com
use firefox it has plug in for ie that will run in ie core.
If the pages are IE only then unfortunately the ignoramus web designers that designed them designed them ONLY to run on IE and Windoze.



Microsoft stopped developing IE for Mac at about Version 5.0 so that is all there is. I use Firefox for OS X and don't have any problems with it even on banking sites. There are some apps that allow you to spoof IE only sites to letting your non IE browser on to them, otherwise go and tell the web admin because it is their really crappy web design skills that created the problem in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan